Dayton Lane Historic Area
Check our Calendar for the latest event - Ghostwalks of Dayton Lane! New addition this year - Paranormal Home Investigation.
The Dayton-Campbell Historic District, now known as Dayton Lane, was established in 1985 through the efforts of Sherry Corbett and Jim Boerke. Together, they set the district boundaries and wrote the proposal submitted to the Department of the Interior.
The impetus to the development of what is now Dayton Lane came with the industrialization of Hamilton, which intensified after the end of the Civil War. During the 1870's and 1880's, new industries began to appear in Hamilton, drawn by cheap land and cheap power. Many of these industries settled on the East side of Hamilton and the new owners / managers wanted to live near their factories. After a while, Dayton Street in particular came to be know as the location where the "Captains of Industry" lived. Corner properties were particularly prized because of the ease they provided to routes of transportation.
Historic Dayton Lane is located just north of High Street in Hamilton, OH. , between State Route 4 and Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., and bordered by High Street and Buckeye Street.
Check our Calendar for the latest event - Ghostwalks of Dayton Lane! Learn about our newest addition,